Explain concepts of change theory and how it can be used as a tool to manage situations.
Nurse leaders need to quickly identify a strategy for evaluating a nursing leadership problem and the dynamics related to the problem, in order to orchestrate intervention efforts and put together a plan of action that leads to stakeholder cooperation.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Integrate key nursing leadership, management, and communication concepts into collaborative practice situations.
- Explain concepts of change theory and how it can be used as a tool to manage situations.
- Describe an effective leadership style to address a problem.
- Competency 2: Explain the accountability of the nurse leader for decisions that affect health care delivery and patient outcomes.
- Describe how outcomes or success of the style selected for each situation could be measured.
- Competency 4: Apply professional standards of moral, ethical, and legal conduct in professional practice.
- Explain how professional and legal standards guide the effective nurse leader when making decisions.
- Competency 5: Communicate in manner that is consistent with the expectations of a nursing professional.
- Write content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and current APA style.