1. Read the definition of plagiarism in the course catalog.
2. Read the article
3. Summarize the article in your own words without plagiarizing. Your summary should only be two pages in length so it is important that you can summarize the article in that length. If the article is too long to summarize in two pages (just a small paragraph more is ok), you should find an article that you can summarize briefly.
4. Because this is understanding plagiarism, DO NOT use quotes from the article to summarize it. You need to be able to do this without quoting the author(s).
5. Make sure to reference your article properly. Any accepted method of citation is fine, but make sure you include the reference or you will be docked points.
1. You can summarize the article without plagiarism.
2. Reference of your source.
3. You accurately summarize the information in the article—it is also not good if you cannot understand the article enough to describe it to others.