Biotechnology is a rapidly growing field that uses research tools from biology and chemistry to find solutions to current scientific problems. Some biotechnology professionals look for the genetic basis of disease or factors that affect lifespan. Others focus on solving food shortages, the climate crisis, or criminal investigations.
To complete your essay for this assignment, select one of the biotechnology/genetic engineering topics below and answer the following questions in essay format:
- Therapeutic Uses of Stem Cells
- Animal Cloning
- Designer Babies
- DNA and Criminal Forensics
- Summarize the technology (How is it done? What is it used for?)
- What people or companies are interested in doing research on this topic?
- What are they trying to discover or do?
- What have they already done with this technology?
- Why are they trying to do it/or what is the ultimate goal in the future? Assignment Expectations
Organize this essay assignment using subtitles that summarize the topic from each question above. For example, to answer Question 1, use a descriptive subtitle like the following: Introduction to Animal Cloning.
Your essay should be approximately 1.5-2 pages in length. Answer each question under the subtitle using complete sentences that relate back to the question. Be sure to use APA formatting throughout your essay with 1-inch margins, 12-point type and double spacing throughout. Include a title page, introduction, answers to the questions with subtitles and concluding paragraph. Remember to include in-text citations within the body of the essay referencing your resources (i.e. Murray, 2014). Also, be sure to include a reference section at the end of your assignment listing all required readings and any additional resources you used to complete your essay.